You are required to contribute a set percentage of your salary and, if applicable, an additional 2% on any salary over $30,000 through regular payroll deductions. Most participants contribute 11%, but your contribution rate is established by the Commonwealth’s retirement law and is determined by the date on which you first became eligible for membership in a Massachusetts contributory retirement system.
Contact the MTRS at 617-679-6890 OR http://www.mass.gov/mtrs
- Using your MyTRS username and password, sign in to your account.
- On your home page, under the heading My Online Tools, click the first link, Enroll in the MTRS, and follow the instructions.
Once you are logged into your account, complete steps 1-4:
- Provide your personal information
- Review and confirm your employment information
- Provide your history with all OTHER Massachusetts public retirement systems, if any
- Summary. Please review the information you provided for accuracy and click on the Submit button. If changes are needed please click on: “previous” and repeat steps 1-3 of the MTRS Enrollment Process.
Once your enrollment is completed:
Return your printed MTRS enrollment confirmation form to your school payroll official as soon as possible; so that your employer may process your MTRS payroll deductions and the MTRS may maintain your retirement account.
Register today by clicking the link below and following the instructions
*Please note that you can also enroll on the website by clicking on “Let’s Get Started” under ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT. (https://mass-smart.gwrs.com/routeRegistrationLogin.do)
To set up voluntary contribution, please complete the OBRA Voluntary Enrollment form below. To learn more, please contact your local SMART Plan Representative at: (877) 457-1900 or http://www.mass.gov/smartplan